15 July 2010

Updates from Prague

Been here for 4 days. Pretty much settled down and began to mix around with the people.

Havent had much chance to tour around Prague, due to the hectic schedule of the conference. However, I sneaked out occasionally right after the session ended to snap some pictures.

The coolest part is to meet up with students from 37 countries, and you wont even expect to make friends with people from Palestine, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Lebanon and so on.

So far, have been taking part in 3 simulations, namely UN Security Council, International Criminal Court(ICC), and European Parliament. At first I thought those will be easier than science, and now I would say, thanks God that I didnt choose law or similar courses back then.

I just felt sleepy when I was required to read up those directives, proposals and cases. ==

Went for some inspirational talks and met up with the Czech Republic Skoda Auto External Affairs Officer.

Some cool quotes to be shared.

I like stars, I like flowers;
I like rivers, I like anything to do with nature.
I like gentleness, I like courage;
I like acts which show beauty in humans.- Tim Mccartney

Why feedbacks are important?
Our eyes cant see ourselves, our own deeds. We can only see the reflections of what we have on done on others.

It's not wrong. It's just not the coat that suits me.

The strongest of man has the most vulnerable gentleness in him.

Met up with some ambassadors and diplomats. The most interesting part is when the ambassador of Israel and Palestine both see each other in a same occasion.

Went out to try some Czech beers. Tried the Pilsner Urquil. Well, quite bitter, besides that and everything is quite ok.

So far so good. And probably will provide more updates in days to come. =)







No comments: