02 July 2010

Phantom of the Opera



It's just simply awesome! The performance is stunning, thrilling and fulfilling! Indescribable!
- Peter Phang
How I wish that I will have the chance to watch this musical while studying the same literature component back in form 2.
We were not taught to admire the storyline, instead we just memorised the theme, values and characteristics of the characters in the novel.
We were not taught to feel the emotions of the characters. All we had to do is to follow the marking schemes, strictly.
Nevertheless, after 7 years, got back in touch with the storyline via this musical has given me an opportunity to enjoy the show from a different perspective.
The saddest part is when Christine chose to kiss the phantom to save her beloved, Raoul. The power of love is so strong, until Christine is willing to choose the guy whom she is unwilling to marry with, to save Raoul.
I fell in love with the two songs in this musical.
Think of me
Phantom of the Opera theme song
Highly recommended! =)

2 comments:

Zhi said...

Raoul la.. Not Raul.

Luminodreamer said...

yeayea..mistake mistake..my bad my bad..forgot it's a french play.