18 July 2010

Short Note

Just completed the 20th IYLC in Prague. An exciting ride over the week, and feels great to have met up with so many students from different countries and cultures.

This is a lifetime experience which has certainly transformed me into someone who is more willing to be patient and to be able to appreciate the diversity of culture in humans.

I know a friend, who brought so many Puerto Rico candies.
I know a friend, who gave us the Lucky Chain of Guatemala.
I know a friend, who exposed me to the different English slangs in Wales, Scotland and Manchester.
I know a friend, who taught me about a new word "jancing".
I know a friend, who 'forced' me to learn "Waka-waka".
I know a friend, who knows how to dance Brazilian Samba.
I know a friend, who told me about bogan, white trash/red-neck.
I know a friend, due to her accent, pronounced bundt cake, as 'butt-cake'.

A joyous, memorable and unforgettable week, which will etched in my mind, and be remembered in my heart for eternity.

Stay tuned for more updates on the event.



No comments: