02 September 2009

Experience

This is the place, where 18months of memories were built upon. Today, after leaving it for a few months, I revisited it and I had a lot to share with you about this place.

I was told that, I will be interviewed, simply because maybe I am talkative? This is because I somehow couldnt find any valid reasons for them to interview me, when I heard these the moment I met my interviewers. A and B

"Why you find a student who is going to UK? Why not getting another high achiever who is studying in U.C.S.I currently? "

"I actually forgot about the interview already. Too many things."

Is this the way u expect when u are told u are going to be interviewed? I don't know, at least it's not within my expectation.

Overall my interviewers are quite polite, but there's one question which I find it hard to answer. I just don't know how to answer it.

"Why you prefer Imperial to U.C.S.I?"

And, when I request a financial assistance to sponsor me to take part in a student event in Prague. I debated with the VC for about 2 hours on why should U.C.S.I sponsor.

Here are some of the words worth to be remembered:

1. International event might be a crap? We wouldnt know?

2. Why would u want to choose ICL instead of U.C.S.I? (Duh again..~~)

3. We dont want to rare u already, and give away our asset to other universities. (Why sounds so P**-ish? This answer is given when i asked why no info on UCAS or US admission is given to us.)

4. Writing to express your opinion is a type of leadership. To link with other people is another type. We only look into the latter. (Now I know when a person wana say NO to you, any kind of reasons will be given .)

5. Why you kept on picking up something good from other colleges? (Takkan, I ought to praise U.C.S.I?)

6. If the President of Student Council or the President of CCS asked, I would recommend them. But you did not hold any positions in our clubs. (Does Alvls student stand a chance to run, given that there are so many degree students? And, does that mean a President from your club is eligible to take part in the IYLC? Oh my..)

Well, I was seriously speechless when I walked out from the place. And, as I recalled the whole interview process, I felt so familiar. The way they spoke, and the reasons they put up, were just like the mentality of certain people in our country.

I heard that renovations are currently being done in this place. Even an elevator is built from ground floor of block B straight up to computer lab.

But isnt this looked like our country? We have top-class infrastructures, but human capitals managment?

Nevermind, sometimes we need to walk out of the box if the box doesnt want to move.

No comments: