18 April 2010

Student Movement

I attended PAN yesterday.

I listened to some of the speeches. Inspiring for some, some are boring.

We discussed about student movement, about changing the situation in Malaysia, about empowering the youth.

We discussed about the aims of organizing PAN. We talked about legacy, tradition, and history.

It's always by tracing the past, you will only know what you are doing in the present and what you are going to do in the future.

Power of student movement. I have almost forgotten that it used to be my drive and motivation.

I remembered when I started writing in Sinchew and Malaysiakini.
I remembered when I started admiring 凌国文 and 郑丁贤 writing styles.

I used to dream that by coming over to UK to study, I can do something I cant do in Malaysia due to some restrictions eg: University and University Colleges Act. But, as time goes by, I lose my track.

And now suddenly I recalled , I used to believe in the talk by this Professor of Tsinghwa University in China- Long Ying Tai (龙应台).

【Of 21st Century-Facing Global Challenges- How should university students prepare themselves?】.

-By having critical thinking. Think independently and manage to discern the true from the false and to be able to understand the facts and the fictions.

-By acquiring knowledge. Tear down the ignorant walls and interact more. Expand your horizon.

-By doing something. Action speaks louder than words. Do something substantial and practical towards a cause.

-By holding high integrity. Without a clean personality, we cant do anything to change the situation.











No comments: