09 April 2010

随笔

Today, I attended an event in UCL Robert's Buidling. First, I didnt know who sent me an email about this event, and secondly, when I got there, only I found out that it was an event catered for Malaysian postgrads. =/

Basically, the papers presentations were too boring and dry..and i didnt know anything as those topics discussed were very specific and in depth.

But some sessions are indeed interesting.

"Networking is a 'dirty' word. It is associated with extreme capitalism and it's truly embarrasing back in my time, when I was a student"- Prof. Michael Worton, UCL Vise Provost.

For me, I would say, networking has never been 'cleaner' even until today. It has always been associated with political and realistic purposes, and positions a person at a dilemma state where he/she doesnt even know whether it's right to step in or out at the midst of this confusion.

很多东西当我们站在外面时, 蛮难去了解当事人的. 因为,当局者未必会迷,局外人也不一定会清.
很多时候,都是踩了进去,又退出来一下,反省下,到底该不该这么做。当中的挣扎,也只能够吞进去心里。

有些说,这是难得的学习经验。有些则说,这是培育现实人格的温床。

我只能说,并不是要高攀权贵,而变得现实;只不过是学习面对社会的残酷后,寻找一个平衡点。

No comments: