06 November 2010

Sweetness of Doing Nothing

It's a beautiful Saturday morning. A glint of sunlight shines through the curtains and gently opens my eyes to a brand new day.

Nothing beats nothing. After a whole week of hell, what you wish for is probably just a time for rejuvenation.

I watched Eat.Pray.Love with a group of friends yesterday. And, there was this line, which caught my attention.

"Sweetness of Doing Nothing".

Somehow when the pace is too fast, you will only keep moving with the crowd, as you will not have the time to stop for while and think.

Just imagine that you are in a tube station at 6pm. Peak hours, people moving around, you will only get pushed around.

Same goes with my life here.

When I watched the movie, I recalled how I made the decision to go to Prague myself.

From booking flight tickets, arranging flight back to Malaysia, seeing what to be kept in the storage and what to be brought back, to handling delays in flights, sleeping in the airports, roaming around London from 6am to 8am.

Getting out from the comfort zone, that's what everyone says, but not everyone does.

Meeting up with people who are not within your normal reach, is thing that you ought to do once in a while. No great sparks will appear if you keep running on the same path.

I have never planned to go. All the decisions are made spontaneously. I decided to put my trust on my courage and guts.

Do you actually realise that, sometimes, (especially my friends in Imperial), when you have so got used to doing so much courseworks, tutorials and problem sheets, you will feel an awkward air of emptiness lingering around you if you happen to be free?

Stroll in the park. Laugh with friends. Sip a coffee.

You will probably find out that,

Life can be sweet, when you do nothing.

No comments: