15 September 2012

Audition for Life

So, one day, everyone in the town was very excited. Something big was going on.

There was an audition. No requirement, just a desire to win. The prize is a huge amount of money.

Many people went for the audition and went back empty-handed. None of them passed through.

Some of them began to speculate, this was a scam. It was only held for the elites. But, this young kid did not think so.  He decided that he would like to go for a try.

Many, including his parents told him it would be a waste of time. Still, he wanted to try.

He went for the audition, and he won.

Many people asked him how.

"This is how, " he continued,

"The old lady asked me one question. 'Tell me a story of your life'. "

"I do not have one. But I always believe in having many small stories instead. The past that you wanted to hide so much. The future you want to achieve so much, and the present that you want to keep, and escape so much. "

"I don't know whether I have one, but I think I have. Mine is pretty ordinary I guess, and not that big to tell, but it's big enough to tell my parents and my grandchildren."

The old lady cried, and gave him the money.

*inspired by America's Got Talent*

No comments: