10 May 2012

The Statue in the Park

It's the same path in the park. The same rough, uneven path that I use to walk to college everyday.

Spring has arrived, yet the rainy season still lingers around; just like the curse on the land of Narnia, but in this case, instead of layers of thick, white snow, the path is blanketed with murky water.

I used to think that cycling to college by cutting through the park will be a cool idea. After a few years down the road, I come to think that probably that was the imagination incepted by movies or dramas.

Walking to college is not too bad either. Every inch that I take, is a hundred mile my mind takes to wonder, just like the pixies in the Neverland.

And, if I cycle, I might miss the chance to stop by this statue.

So, there's this statue, situated in the middle of my path to college. I see many people will stop by and take a picture or purely admire this bronze statue, which seems to be apparated from the ancient Rome.

It's called the Statue of Physical Energy. You will see a knight sitting on a horse from the medieval age, looking towards the Kensington Palace, where Kate Middleton and Prince William reside.

There are many paths branched out from the statue. Just imagine a small roundabout you will encounter on the road when you are driving. I have been taking the same route, every single day, to college. And, now I come to think that if one day, I stop going to college. Which path should I take?

However, as I look up to this statue, I see that it's looking towards the West. I smile.

The last ember of the day, is the flame of dawn for tomorrow. As long as the sight is on the horizon, which path you take is not that daunting anymore.




No comments: