22 March 2011

Inspirations from small little things.

A cliche quote flashes through, when I try to pen down my thoughts.

"Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you will get next."

After the stressful Humanities exam, I was so relieved that I just had this random decision: Take a mp3 player, a debit card and student ID, a Mars bars, with a phone and a camera, ride on the Barclays Cycle Hire bike.

A random action, brings in unexpected thoughts and experience.

You try to cycle as far as possible, yet try to keep each cycling cycle to be within 30mins, because it's free. After that first 30mins, you will have to pay extra 1pound.

The toughest part is to cycle to places you have never been before, and try to find the docking platforms for the bike.

That's seriously a challenge. And actually when I think about it, it has been such a long time I never exercise properly.

Cycling gives you a sense of serenity with the presence of refreshing air, as well as an exhilarating experience in zooming past the cars and lorries on the road.

The second part is an unplanned visit to UCL Barlett School of Architecture.

For the first time, I think that engineering is part of architecture, and architecture is part of engineering. Both of them require each others to coexist.

For the first time, I heard about organic building and performative ecologies.

Amazing things happen when you least expect.

I think I begin to like what I have chosen. From time to time, I feel that as much as I choose EEE, the course chooses me as well.

Engineering in abstract dimensions.

Cool ideas occur when you let your mind soars free and runs wild.