08 April 2009

Hope-Disappointment-Hope

It's funny that sometimes, when we hope that something will happen as we wished, it will just give u something u do not want; while when you seem to lose hope on certain things, u will be given something u have thrown it out of your mind.

As I hope that Sime Darby might be the torch which illuminates my way to overseas, this morning it cast me a long, dark shadow of disappointment. After being rejected by Khazanah, well, Sime Darby plays the same game.

I have been wondering, is the selection purely random? Or are there too many good applicants?
Or am I just not good enough?

Dear PHANG,

APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF Undergraduate Local and Overseas (Malaysian Applicant) ON Mar 18 2009

Thank you for your interest in the Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship 2009.

Although your extra-curricular activities and qualifications are remarkable, the competition has been very keen and we regret to inform you that you have not been shortlisted for the scholarship interview.

Once again, we thank you for your time and effort and we wish you every
success in your future academic endeavours.

Yours faithfully,
Yayasan Sime Darby


A wonderfully-written email which just spells out the phrase, "sorry pal, u r just a thrash to us. Hope we don't meet again in near future."

This time, it is different from the previous post for Khazanah, in terms of the mood. No more resentment. No more anger. Just a tinge of disappointment, and self-doubt.

The dream to study overseas has once shone through the results and offers, and turned bleak with the scholarship applications. Maybe it's not time yet for me to weave the dream.

Realising the road towards the peak of dream is not a stroll down the garden, I know, life has provided me a road fulls of boulders and barriers, to test my determination and perseverance to climb the mountain of dream.

There is no easy way to success. Failure which can't beat u down, can only disappear as a gentle breeze, and make u stronger.

Today, I pen this down. I will remember the moment I got rejected. I know one day, I shall be able to stand proudly, cry victoriously, and smile thankfully.

1 comment:

markwongsk said...

Don't give up! That's how life is... Perhaps God wants you on a different path. (Or, if you don't believe in God, just think of it as one of the downs in life!)

I also experienced such disappointing moments before (thinks about my rejected US applications) and I even went on to harbour spite for those who got admitted who I thought was "inferior" to me. I now know it's not the correct mentality. Get some Hippo time and go buy the book "S.U.M.O" to learn how to get over these times!

God bless you!