19 November 2012

The Nauticalia-Music Never Dies

They are always there. The same group of people, but different types of melodies.

I have been going there since 1st year. Now, looking back, it has been 3 years, since the very first time I paid a visit to them.

I never know what's the name of their group, or maybe I just do not care enough I guess. I know that they normally perform in front of a shop named "The Nauticalia". However, whenever things get pretty stressful or rough, I would take some time out and make a trip to Covent Garden.

Then, walking down the street and you will hear the classical Canon in D played by them. Certainly, you don't need a map. Your ears are the best road map.

Sitting down near the stairways, you will see many people standing there, listening to the classical music jukebox. The hustle and bustle outside suddenly come to a halt.

The best thing is I could sit there for an hour or two, just to listen to the harmonization of their musical instruments.

So, every now and then when I go there, I will donate 1 pound to them, just to keep the music going. Without the passionate buskers, Covent Garden will be so much quieter.

And, the cutest thing is you will see quite a number of old couples, standing there to listen to those classical melodies. Then, they somehow will smile to each other at some point of the songs. Probably, that's how they meet back then, or maybe the songs remind them about some memorable incidents which they have been through together.

When I leave London, I think I will miss the music performers here. The world turns to a kid or an old man when the Nauticalia plays the music.



No comments: